The National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) on Sunday confirmed one new Covid-19 case.
“The adult national, detected during increased testing for COVID-19, has no recent travel history. Contact tracing, linking and testing related to this new case has commenced,” a release from NEMO said.
“Retesting of the December 28, 2020 cluster and their contacts will continue, even as the wider screening of the Vincentian population for COVID-19 cases intensifies,” the release said.
To date, six cases have been confirmed in this local cluster.
The re-opening of schools, which had been scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed for one week to “allow for a thorough search aimed at further containing the local spread of COVID-19 in St Vincent and the Grenadines.”
St Vincent and the Grenadines has now recorded 124 cases of COVID-19.
One hundred persons have recovered and 24 remain active. All positive cases will continue to be isolated until cleared by two negative tests.
The release from NEMO urged everyone to use facial coverings when out in public.